As a Home Performance contractor, we follow a strict set of procedures to make sure the measures are installed correctly based on performance standards. Upon completion of the retrofitting work, we perform the same diagnostic tests that we first did during the Whole Home Performance Check-Up and compare them to our original results so that we can document the improvements we have made. We are a verified contractor with the California Building Performance Contractors Association (CBPCA) which has a third party verification process to ensure you that we are keeping our promises.
For more information, click on each service below:
- Insulation – There are numerous types of insulation. Our tests will determine which is the best option for you. They range from blown cellulose insulation, expanding foam, and extremely environmentally friendly insulations.
- Duct Sealing & Replacement – Our Duct Blaster test and smoke test will determine the location and quantity of leaks present in your system. The average home has 30% duct leakage. Our goal is to get a zero leakage result, and when necessary, we will replace your whole duct system to achieve this.
- Lighting Retrofits –We will make suggestions for the replacement of existing lighting that will reduce your energy consumption.
- Moisture Control -
- Building Envelope & Air Sealing – Our Blower Door test shows leaks in your building envelope. We can seal these leaks, which increase your energy savings and promote a healthier indoor air quality.
- Crawl Space Sealing – This helps prevent air infiltration and moisture into your home.
- Energy Efficient Appliances – There have been major advances in technology that make it more cost effective to replace old refrigerators, dishwashers, and washers/dryers with newer, more efficient models. The savings on utility bills from some appliances can pay for itself in just a year or two.
These are only a few of the retrofits we can do to make you home more energy efficient, comfortable, healthy, and durable, with better indoor air quality and a lighter impact on the environment.